Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Rock, RZA To Star In New G.I. Joe Movie


Dwayne Johnson In Talks To Star In "G.I. Joe" Sequel
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, as well as rapper/producer The RZA, may land roles in the new G.I. Joe sequel.
According to reports, Johnson is in talks to play Roadblock, a heavy machine-gunner, who is an aspiring gourmet chef in the movie G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes.
While Wu Tang Clan member The RZA may play a martial arts expert by the name of Blind Master.
Neither roles have been finalized, but the addition of The Rock could help boost movie sales.
The 2009 film, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, received mixed reviews, while grossing $302 million worldwide.
By comparison, Johnson's last film Fast Five, the fifth movie in The Fast & The Furious series, has made nearly $600 million since its release in April.
It was also reported in April that The RZA will appear in the upcoming season of the Showtime television series Californication.

No comments:

Post a Comment