Saturday, July 2, 2011

50 Cent Names His Life Changer, "That's The Biggest Record Of My Career Still"

G-Unit leader 50 Cent recently opened up about his relationship with Dr. Dre and what record ultimately launched his successful music career.
In addition to talking about the Doc, he also pointed out why they recently had tension between one another over headphones.
"I love Dre...Without 'In Da Club' and Dre's guidance on the first record...none of those other things would've happened," 50 said in an interview. "That's the biggest record of my career still. Dre can be difficult at times, and not intentionally. He can be on his own and in his world -- like the [Beats By Dre and Sleek By 50 headphones], we had to clear that up face-to-face, me and Dre, personally." ("Power 106")
A few weeks ago, West Coast rapper Game named Dre the greatest hip-hop producer of all time.
"The best person to work with is probably definitely Dr. Dre," Game said in an interview. "He's always been like a father figure, older brother. And it's just like going back to school and somebody really putting in the time to help you with your work ethic...[Our separation,] it was five years, but I kind of think I needed the break. I matured a lot, it helped me grow. I had a lot of time to reflect on my life and my career and to go out there and do it myself -- but being back with Dr. Dre makes it a lot easier. He's definitely the greatest hip-hop producer of all time, and one of the best producers of all time. No disrespect to Quincy Jones, but Dre's great." (The Daily Habit)
Last March, 50 spoke on his minor feud with Dr. Dre over their separate headphone brands.
"I have a strong personality, a strong character. And I can be difficult to deal with at certain points because I'm vocal. If you upset Em [Eminem], he's just gonna not talk to you. You're not going to get him in the next room you wanna get him in. With Dre, the same. He's not comfortable with friction. That [tweet] is, 'Hey look, I'm here. Is everybody still paying attention?' So they go, "Why he say that? Why he say we mad?" Then the meeting happens." (VIBE)
When asked about 50's headphones a month prior, Dre denied prior knowledge of the rapper's venture.
Dr. Dre totally DISSED his former protege 50 Cent in Los Angeles the other night ... maybe ... possibly ... OK, we're really not sure -- but it's all on tape!!!! Here's the back story -- 50 went on a Twitter tirade this week, claiming Dre HATES him because he's launching a line of headphones to compete with Dre's "Beats" line. But when we asked Dre about the beef out in front of Boa Steakhouse in Hollywood Tuesday night ... Dre simply replied, "I never heard of his headphones." DISS!!!!!!!!!!!! (maybe). (TMZ)
Check out some past 50 Cent footage below:

No comments:

Post a Comment