Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Shawty Lo Signs to G-Unit, Drops Mixtape 'B.H.F.' with DJ Greg Street


Shawty Lo is releasing his mixtape "B.H.F. (Bankhead Forever)" hosted by DJ Greg Street today in light of his recent signing to G-Unit. 

"This is a special project for me," Shawty Lo said in an exclusive statement to AllHipHop.com.  "I worked real hard on making this one of the best mixtapes I've put out to date." 
With features that include 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, Jim Jones, Wale, Twista, Future, Titi Boi, Roscoe Dash and Costra Nostra Chain Gang, as well as production from Zaytoven, Drumma Boy, Merci and B-Trill, Shawty Lo is ready to hit the streets with some new music.
 “This is like something before the album, my new situation with G-Unit was just solidified and I got off the phone with 50 yesterday, I just signed a really large deal,” an excited Shawty Lo told AllHipHop.com.
In 2008, Bankhead rapper released his debut album, Units In the City, which spawned the hits "Dey Know," "Foolish" and "Dunn Dunn", placing Shawty Lo on Hip-Hop's mainstream radar.  
“Its like a new beginning and all I needed was someone behind me. 50 [Cent] is a marketing genius and I got my new thing D4L and G-Unit and we going to be working the south and the rest of the world if need be"
Standing by his music for the streets and for albums, Shawty Lo elaborated on some of his favorite songs on the project.
 “'Haters' got 50, Yayo and Roscoe Dash, my single 'Pocahontas' has Twista and Wale, 'I Know', I got Future on there, the whole mixtape jammin’.  If I’m working on a song, it may be on a mixtape, but it could for a album.”
Shawty Lo is currently gearing up for his G-Unit debut and sophomore album currently titled Still Got Units.
Shawty Lo and his D4L crew exploded onto the music scene in 2005 with the hit singles, "Betcha Can't Do it Like Me" and "Laffy Taffy," which reached the top of the Billboard Hot 100 charts in 2006
Tonight (June 10th), Shawty Lo with be hosting mixtape listening and release party in Atlanta at Tiempo Privado starting at 6 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment