Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"He's Somebody I Think Should Be Bigger Than What He Is Right Now"

[With their new album in stores this month, SOHH is featuring the Ferrari Boyz naming who they feel is the most underrated hip-hop artists. After Rah Digga gave eLZhi the title last week, Gucci Mane crowns Z-Ro as SOHH Underrated.]
Z-Ro (SOHH Underrated)
I would have to name Z-Ro from Houston, Texas as SOHH Underrated. That's who I think is underrated. I like his music and I feel like he keeps it real to what he is. He's being who he is. I'm a really big fan of him.
I remember always hearing a couple of his songs while I was down in Houston. He's one of those artists that always goes hard. I think Z-Ro's underrated and he's somebody that I think should be bigger than what he is right now.
I've always been a fan of Texas music too. You got artists like Z-Ro and then you have UGK, Bun B and [the late] Pimp C. That's another one I've always been a big fan of. Pimp C. I remember I had a song with him right before he passed away. We were working together for a song. I was supposed to have him on my album.
You can even put Tech N9ne in there as someone who's really underrated. But Z-Ro is my pick for the most underrated out right now.
Gucci Mane's career stems from 2005 when he put together his debut album, Hard to Kill. He later took the song "Go Head" from his first album and made it the lead single for the second in order to make up for the time taken away from promoting Trap House. The State vs. Radric Davis, his second official album, was released in December 2009 following a dizzying array of mixtapes. The Appeal: Georgia's Most Wanted followed in 2010 with guest shots from Estelle, Nicki Minaj, and Wyclef. Featuring the single "Mouth Full of Gold" with special guest Birdman, the "street album" The Return of Mr. Zone 6 followed in 2011, along with 1017 Bricksquad Presents...Ferrari Boyz, a collaborative album with Waka Flocka Flame.


No comments:

Post a Comment