Saturday, April 23, 2011

News: Jay-Z's Roc Nation Artist Arrested On Murder Charge




Rap mogul Jay-Z's Roc Nation artist K. Koke is reportedly facing an attempted murder charge dating back to an early March shooting.
Details of the situation emerged online Thursday (April 7) morning.
Kevin Georgiou, known as 'K Koke', has been remanded in custody accused of shooting a man in the back at Harlesden train station on March 9. The 25-year-old, who signed to the US music mogul's record label Roc Nation in January, was arrested after officers from British Transport Police (BTP) raided his home last week. He was subsequently charged and remanded in custody after appearing before City of Westminster Magistrates' Court last Saturday. Georgiou will make his next appearance at Blackfriars Crown Court on June 15. He is the fifth person to be charged in connection with the shooting of the 27-year-old. (Voice)
Last January, Koke officially joined forces with Jay's Roc Nation.
The deal is a joint venture contract between Koke's Suspect Entertainment label and Roc Nation/RCA and should definitely put the London native in front of many new potential fans in the upcoming months. Koke is from Stonesbridge, London and formed his company, Suspect Entertainment, with a pair of CEOs--Squingy and Krish--in 2005. Other artists involved include Froggy, Lefty, Grams, R9, Skeng, Capo, Bug, Gyro, Leokins, Lil Shan and others with equally puzzling names. (The Boom Box)
Koke recently discussed being a white rapper under Jay's watch.
"I don't see color as anything," he says. "I'm a product of my environment, but obviously I know what color I am. My whole estate is literally a different color to me, but we don't watch color, none of that. If you compare me to Eminem, that's love, because he's a legend, but all these other up-and-coming artists, especially these little white rappers coming up right now, they need to pay some respect and homage, because I made it okay for white boys to spit around here and that's certified sh*t. I don't run around saying, 'Yo! I'm the man', I don't go on like that. I released one mixtape and got signed, but I'm still humble. Stay humble and go through." (XXL Mag)
In late December, Jay also armed his Roc Nation roster with British singer Cher Lloyd.
Jay-Z is still building his artist arsenal and recently added 2010 "X-Factor" finalist Cher Lloyd to the roster. However, it wasn't easy for the helm of Roc Nation to bag the sassy rapper-slash-singer. The UK teen was in the midst of a friendly bidding war between Jay and Black Eyed Peas mastermind will.i.am before she officially inked her deal. (VIBE)

No comments:

Post a Comment