Friday, January 21, 2011

TDK Chronicles: Nas

-Nasir Jones.
8 minutes of dopeness for anyone who is from the audio cassette era.
I can vividly remember taping everything from Red Alert on KISS FM, Marley Marl & Mister Magic (RIP) on WBLS, P-Fine on 89.1 and Stretch & Bobbito on 105.9.
Those were the days for me. I can remember using scotch tape to bond broken audiocassette tape together on tapes that “popped”.
I can remember transplanting audio tape from one cassette housing to another because the foam cushion had worn out and messed with the sound quality on playback.
Putting batteries in the freezer as Nasir touches on or even boiling them and then freezing them. Plugging in headphones on your radio with the volume on 10 when recording because it made me think it recorded “louder” that way.
I remember all of that. I was part of the era, proud of it. And I will never pass at a moment to reminisce about not only the Golden Era of Hiphop but the Golden Era of life for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment