Tuesday, May 3, 2011

News: Lloyd Banks Ends Young Buck & Game Reunion Dreams, "I Think It's Pretty Much Finished"


G-Unit's Lloyd Banks has recently weighed in on the possibility of reuniting with former associates Young Buck and Game, as well as reflected on the sacrifices 50 Cent made to maintain their brand.
In Banks' eyes, the days of reunion talks are over, as he is focused on his growing solo career.
"I think it's pretty much finished," Banks told Funkmaster Flex when asked about a possible reunion with the former G-Unit members. "Even as us the group, G-Unit, like you said, it's time to branch out and do your thing as a solo artist. When we came in the game, 50 [Cent] made a lot of sacrifices to build up as a group, as a brand. The group album came immediately following his album, which you don't see a lot. Usually an artist come, they pop, they sell ten million and they gonna come back and drop the sequel. You know what I'm saying? I tip my hat off to him for that and now it's time to pay back. Now it's time for me to go out there and add another reason why people love G-Unit. So I don't feel it's the time to drop a group album." (Full Throttle)
Last month, 50 Cent talked about the amount of support he initially gave Young Buck and Game prior to their G-Unit departures.
"Let me explain something to you: If it was up to me there would be G-Unit South. Young Buck would be running that. I told him to run with that. When I did that, it was for him to present himself as a bigger artist to the Southern community. Game -- I wish nothing but the best for Game. As far as Black Wall Street is concerned, he did that prematurely. Then he turned around and told me to kiss his a**. If you can interpret that as me trying to keep them under my wing, that's just a f*cked-up interpretation." (VIBE)
Earlier this year, Banks discussed Buck's publicized legal woes, including a federal indictmnet.
Banks carefully commented on Buck's situation, electing to take the high road which Buck certainly did not when he was booted from G-Unit in 2008 by 50 Cent. "[It's] unfortunate. I don't wish indictment or anything worse than that on anybody, "said Banks. He added, "Yeah, I have nothing negative to say about the situation [and] hopefully he makes it out that." If Lloyd gets into any trouble, he should be comforted by the news that his "So Forgetful" co-star has his back. "I gotta worry about Banks, "said the rapper in his gruff baritone. "Ain't nobody gonna be throwing bail towards my way," he added but not before Ryan Leslie chimed in. "I got you, homie," said the "Addiction" star. (RapFix)
In mid-2010, Game said he was open to reunion talks with the Unit.
"It's a new day and it's really time to get money you know what I'm saying -- So all I'm saying is why not get out here wing it like Voltron and sh*t," Game said in an interview. "Bring it back full circle and make some motherf*ckin' money...I wasn't opposed to it...He got an ego. I got an ego. Ain't nobody apologizing. Ain't nobody saying that they was wrong, but you ain't gotta do that to make amends. You just gotta get together, do the sh*t, and you can do it for the sake of money. We don't gotta break no peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in half and do the sh*t. Come to an agreement as men, get the sh*t done like men." (Hip Hop DX)
Game's run with G-Unit ended in 2005 while Young Buck was removed by 50 Cent in 2008 both due to internal problems.




No comments:

Post a Comment