Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The New Yorker: Where’s Earl?






Wheres Earl Sweatshirt The New Yorker: Where’s Earl?
16 May 2011, 23.26 | Posted in Music | 1 comment »

Earl Sweatshirt, the “missing” member of Odd Future, has given his first interview since his whereabouts were made public last month. In The New Yorker’s eight-thousand-word story, “Where’s Earl?,” the rapper, who’s real name is Thebe Kgositsile, goes on to state that he has been at the Coral Reef Academy on the South Pacific island of American Samoa voluntarily. Earl says…
“Initially I was really pleased that all these people claimed that they wanted me released because I thought that translated into ‘they care,’” Earl wrote. “So time progresses and the fan base gets bigger and the ‘Free Earl’ chants get louder but now with the ‘Free Earl’ chants come a barely indirect ‘Fuck Earl’s Mom’ and in the blink of an eye my worry changes from ‘will there still be this hype when I get back’ to ‘Oh shit I just inspired a widespread movement of people who are dedicated to the downfall of my mom.’”
On his return, Earl stated “I miss home. I don’t have any definite date though. Even if I did I don’t know if I’d tell you. You’ll hear from me without a doubt when I’m ready.”

No comments:

Post a Comment