Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"Me & Lil Wayne Would Be Riding Around Listening To Him All Day"



[SOHH features a new entertainment personality each week to speak on who they feel is the most underrated artist. After eLZhi gave Lord Finesse the title last week, Young Money's Gudda Gudda crowns Jadakiss SOHH Underrated.]
Jadakiss (SOHH Underrated)
I would name Jadakiss for SOHH Underrated. He's the first rapper that comes to mind. I'm from the South but on some real sh*t, I was raised off what Jadakiss was saying. That's that era that I'm from right there, the Jadakiss era. Coming up, it was all about Jadakiss, The LOX, Beanie Sigel, State Property, all of that stuff is what helped mold me into what I am today.
I always thought he was in the top three best rappers of all time. I just feel like people respect him, a lot of artists respect him but he still doesn't get all of the respect he deserves in the rap game. So Jadakiss is always gonna be that underrated rapper to me.
The main thing I loved about Jadakiss was his voice. I just loved the way his voice would project [onto] a track. His flow, lyrics, everything about Jada's style was just sick to me. I could remember days when me and [Lil] Wayne would be riding around listening to him all day and the LOX album and we would just be like, "Man, this n*gga Jadakiss is stupid on this beat." He's one of the best.
This was back when we were young, about 17 years old. We would be riding around and thinking, "These dudes are sick." I wasn't even rapping at that time. I used to be like, "These dudes are sick" and me and Wayne would talk about these guys all day. He'll always be one of those underrated artists to me that the game just sleeps on.
Carl Lilly, better known by his stage name Gudda Gudda, is a rapper from San Jose, CA who moved to New Orleans when he was a baby. Double G met Lil Wayne when he was young and it was Wayne who encouraged Gudda to start rapping. He was also a part of the rap group called Sqad Up with fellow Young Money members Weezy and T-Streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment