Sunday, May 15, 2011

Drake Raises Eyebrows W/ 'Throne' Reference, "Did [He] Send A Subliminal Shot At Hov & Ye?"


Young Money's Drake is being put into the spotlight just days after his "I'm On One" track debuted off DJ Khaled's upcoming We The Best Forever album with reports claiming shots may have been fired at Jay-Z and Kanye West.

While currently nothing more than speculation, reports claim Drizzy may have been taunting Jay and Ye's Watch the Throne joint album.

On the record "I'm On One" featuring Drake, Lil Wayne and Rick Ross, Drizzy had listeners hitting the playback after his verse when he referenced a familiar album backed by two powerhouse rappers. "Hate the rumors hate the bulls--t hate these f---in allegations/im just feelin like the throne is for the taking. Watch me take it." Could the "throne" that Drake is referring to be the same throne that Jay-Z and Kanye West are currently warning competitors about on their upcoming album Watch The Throne? Did Drake send a subliminal shot at Hov and 'Ye? (RapFix)

Earlier this year, Drake playfully sent a few friendly blasts at the duo's upcoming collaborative project.

"I'll be on [Lil Wayne's Tha Carter IV] -- we've done a great song...We're going to do another one... and another one. We still got to do that [collaboration] album. I heard two other guys are coming out with an album together, too. There's two other rappers [that] are coming out with an album together. I don't know where they got that idea but -- I caught wind of it through the grapevine that there's some other album with two guys rapping on it. [laughs]" ("Tim Westwood TV")

Prior to Wayne being released from jail over a gun conviction, Drake promised a joint album would be put together.

"I went up to Rikers, and me and Wayne agreed that there will be a Lil Wayne/Drake album," Drake told DJ Envy on MTV's "Sucker Free." " ... There's some things I'm excited for in my life -- I'm excited to go perform certain places -- but [this project] will probably be one of the most exciting things in my life, because we make music on a different level. It's just so fun, so comfortable. A whole album? To think about all the things we can do, especially if we're gonna do 15 songs. Me and him don't like to do 12, 13 [songs]. We want to do 15, 16. Yeah, Lil Wayne and Drake album." (MTV)

In addition to working on Jay's Blueprint III and recruiting Hov for their "Light Up" Thank Me Later collaboration, Drizzy is also a big fan of Kanye West.

"I'm very much looking forward to the Kanye West [My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy] album because I need to be scared and inspired for my second joint," Drake to radio personality Funkmaster Flex. "That ['Power'] record just had to happen. Kanye's a genius and I'm super excited for the rest of the album because I've heard some things that people haven't heard." ("Sucker Free")



No comments:

Post a Comment